This class has been provided by Quametec since 1998, instructed by James D Jenkins.
This course is ideal for the training of anyone needing to meet the measurement uncertainty analysis and measurement quality management requirements associated with ISO/IEC17025 and Z540.3. This course is presented in a manner which is suitable for entry level to senior calibration, testing and inspection technicians; metrologists, engineers, and scientists from any discipline. Special focus is given to the ISO/IEC17025 & the Z540.3 laboratory accreditation requirements.
Disciplines of measurement addressed are different for each class, as each class is customized to cover the needs of the attendees, and therefore is limited in size to eight (8) attendees from Calibration, Inspection, and Testing Laboratories.
Our experience allows us to provide both a course "Learning Guarantee" and a software "Satisfaction Guarantee"! SAVE TIME & MONEY! Get it right the first time with proven experience on your side!
The developer/instructor of this course (James D Jenkins) has worked in metrology since 1982, his experience includes over 30 years of combined metrology experience working as a laboratory technician, laboratory manager, electronic engineer, metrology engineer, metrology instructor, technical and quality manager, accreditation assessor, and a consultant to various accreditation bodies and national laboratories on the topic of measurement uncertainty analysis and ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation issues.
ISO GUM method based…
To ensure international acceptance, this course is based on the "ISO GUM Method". It is designed to directly address the ISO/IEC17025 & Z540.3 measurement uncertainty analysis requirements in a practical, compliant, efficient manner.
UncertaintyToolbox™ is the ONLY commercial Measurement Uncertainty Software that reveals all applied math formulas used in arriving at the final resulting estimate value shattering the typical "Trust Me" requirement that comes with the use of typical "black box" type software. Plus, it makes UncertaintyToolbox™ an excellent tool to be used in training others ISO GUM Method specifics, while having the confidence that the estimates are properly calculated.
UncertaintyToolbox™ has been identified by various Accrediting Bodies as a good "example" of what is acceptable for meeting the measurement uncertainty analysis requirements of ISO17025, without the need for the software to be "accredited" or validated, as Excel is considered to be a suitable tool, validated by numerous industries, and all the math is protected, yet visible for inspection/evaluation as desired.
Hands-on Experience with UncertaintyToolbox™ for Microsoft® Excel® by Quametec™:
Professional Measurement Uncertainty Analysis Software
Designed specifically to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC17025 laboratory accreditation, using the same math engine used by most National Metrology Institutes and Laboratories through-out the world; Microsoft Excel.
Attendees will learn how to compute measurement uncertainty using QUAMETEC's UncertaintyToolbox™ add-in with template set for Microsoft® Excel®, along with other Quametec™ designed tools provided free to attendees. This software makes easy work out of computing and producing ISO17025 compliant uncertainty estimates.
The Measurement Uncertainty Class with the Learning Guarantee…
This course covers three major objectives for the attendees:
- Learn the concepts of measurement uncertainty analysis
- Hands-on experience in computing practical examples from numerous measurement disciplines, as applicable to the attendees.
- Receive guidance, tools and training designed to make the task easier.
Our "LEARNING GUARANTEE"
"At the completion of our course, you will be able to return to your work center with the capability to perform measurement uncertainty analyses! If after taking our class you have difficulty computing measurement uncertainties, we will provide additional training at no additional cost!"
For a period of 90 days from class completion, each attendee receives FREE review of analyses which they complete in their workplace. Where problems are found in submitted analyses, we provide assistance and guidance via telephone and/or an internet 'GoToMeeting' session with the student, correcting errors and building student confidence. This consulting service alone would be worth the price of the course, if our training wasn't so good that so few actually need this support service.
Our "LEARNING GUARANTEE" program which monitors attendee success in producing measurement uncertainty estimates after class, shows a first time attendee success rate of better than 99%.
To register and reserve your seat today, call QUAMETEC at 1.810.225.8588 EST
Public Class Course Outline
This course includes instruction in the principles and process of measurement uncertainty analysis following the ISO GUM Method (as per ISO17025 requirements). To ensure that the training is successful, the course includes hands-on training in performing uncertainty analyses relevant to each students' workplace.
Tuition Cost provides Attendees:
- Digital Copy of "Measurement Uncertainty Analysis Fundamentals" written by the course instructor, James D Jenkins.
- Copy of the course presentation in book form.
- A single-user licensed copy of UncertaintyToolbox™ for Microsoft Excel®
- Certificate of Training; recognized by the accreditation industry (via an ILAC MRA)
- Selection of numerous tools and documents associated with computing measurement uncertainties.
- During class interactive completion of at least once analysis of a measurement process from the students workplace, as chosen by the student.
- After class access, via telephone, email or internet meeting, to the instructor for answers to questions related to uncertainty analysis issues*.
- After class professional review of their first few actual analyses performed in the workplace*.
* Provided at no additional charge for a defined after training support period. This is provided to ensure the provided training is successful in meeting the objectives for the provided training.
Uncertainty Analysis - Day 1:
Measurement Quality, Measurement Uncertainty, and ISO/IEC17025
Accreditation Requirements pertaining to Uncertainty Analysis
Introduction to Measurement Quality Basics (ISO17025)
- Qualified Personnel
- Adequate Environment
- Appropriate Methods & Adequate Procedures
- Measurement Equipment Reliability
- Process Quality Assurance Methods
- Statements of Measurement Capability
- Establishing Measurement Quality Decision Rules
Determining Needed Analyses
- Developing a Matrix of Points to be Analyzed
- Range Uncertainty Statement Calculations
- Establishing a logical approach to efficiently cover all output data
- Identify Parameters of Measurement
- Identify Processes per Parameter
- Logical Grouping of DUT/UUT's per Process
- Identify Logical Points of Analysis
Concepts of Uncertainty Analysis (ISO GUM Method)
- Measurement, Error & Uncertainty
- Uncertainty Contributors
- Statistics Concepts & Math
- Uncertainty Analysis Process
- Basic Statistics Concepts
- Means, Modes, and Medians
- Standard Deviations
- Statistical Math for Uncertainty Analysis
- The Analysis Process
- The Measurand
- The Uncertainty Budget
- Type B Computations
- Type A Computations
- Uncertainty Modeling Made Easy
- Variance Addition Rule/Root Sum Square
- Degrees of Freedom
- Type A Estimates
- Type B Estimates
- Total Effective Degrees of Freedom
- Expanded Uncertainty (U95)
- Normal Distribution
- Students t-Distribution
- Reporting of Uncertainty
- Taking Uncertainty into Account (per Z-540.3)
UncertaintyToolbox ™ for Microsoft Excel®
- Introduction to the use of the software
- Installing and setting up the software
Uncertainty Analysis - Day 2:
Hands-on use of UncertaintyToolbox™ to Compute Measurement Uncertainty
- Recap of First Day Topics
- Hands-on Uncertainty Analysis Computations
- Examples based on actual measurements performed at each attendee's workplace
- Attendee need only describe measurement process, equipment tolerances and calibration certificates helpful but not required. Actual values can be entered into example by student upon returning to workplace.
Uncertainty Analysis - Day 3:
Hands-on use of UncertaintyToolbox™ to Compute Measurement Uncertainty
- Recap of First Day Topics and Second Day Examples
- Continuation of Hands-on Uncertainty Analysis Computations
- Attendee Course Test - OPTIONAL for most attendees; required for those using the training to meet any requirements for becoming a laboratory accreditation assessor.
- Discussion of Test and Re-cap of any area not fully understood by attendees
- Developing a Laboratory Scope of Measurement Capability
- Calculating and Expressing Uncertainties across a Measurement Range using the Quametec™ "RUSC Method".
Public Class Schedule for 2017
Hotel information and special room rates are provided to attendees upon class registration.
Links to hotels are provided for basic hotel information. SPECIAL ROOM RATES are provided to attendees. We provide a phone number and information to make your reservations upon registering for the class!
Due to the nature of the training, our unique "learning guarantee", and the importance of hands-on training in the analysis of measurement uncertainty with parameters of measurement performed by the attendees, class size is limited to a maximum of 8 students!
Reserve your seat today in the class with the Unique Learning Guarantee!
Tuition includes a single user license for UncertaintyToolbox™ (an $895 value)!
Requires Microsoft® Excel® 2010, 2013, or 2016 Windows Desktop Version.
Microsoft® Excel® is NOT included!
|Measurement Uncertainty Analyst Class|
3 days Hands-on Training
|Tuition = $1,995 per person|
Call for pricing if sending more than one student.
|2017 Class Schedule:|
April 4-6, 2017 in Fenton, Michigan at the Fenton Comfort Inn & Suites
August 1-3, 2017 in Fenton, Michigan at the Fenton Comfort Inn & Suites
October 24-26, 2017 in Fenton, Michigan at the Fenton Comfort Inn & Suites
NOTE: Quametec has secured a discounted room rate for our classes. Please make your reservations by telephone directly with the Hotel and inform them that you are the attending the Quametec Class and request the "Manager's Rate".
|CALL 1-810-225-8588 (9am to 4pm) M-F EST to reserve your seat.|
Payment can be made by Check, Paypal, Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Amex; Payment is required before the start of the course.
Travel and lodging are NOT included.
Class size is Limited to 8 seats to ensure adequate individual time with the trainer!
Class Attendee Prerequisites
Students should be familiar with the measurement processes for which they wish to learn how to compute the measurement uncertainty.
A knowledge of basic high school algebra and statistics is useful, but not required.
Attendees should be familiar with their computers operating system and use of Microsoft® Excel®.
We will provide the necessary training and understanding of the applicable concepts and use of the software in the computation of measurement uncertainty estimates in accordance with our unique "learning guarantee".
What to Bring
Students are required to bring a PC notebook or other portable PC with Microsoft® Excel® 2010, 2013 or 2016 Desktop Version installed.
Please ensure that you either have "Administrator" log-in permissions for your computer OR have Excel® "Analysis Tool-Pak" add-in pre-installed on your computer.
Study Materials: Pens, student workbooks, and analysis software will be provided.
Analysis Problems: Bring any uncertainty analysis problems that are of interest to your workplace. Basic information regarding the measurement process and traceability of the reference equipment is needed as a minimum; such as calibration certificates with data and associated accuracy specifications.
Class Tuition and Deliverables
Tuition of $1,995 USD includes the following:
Received Prior to Class:
Students receive a copy of the handbook written by the instructor, "Measurement Uncertainty Analysis Fundamentals" (a $95 value). This can be read prior to class to ensure maximum benefit of time spent in class and makes a good reference book for after class use.
Received During Class:
During the three full days of professional instruction with Professional Software, students will receive a CD loaded with tools for unit conversion, calibration interval evaluation, a licensed copy of the QUAMETEC™ UncertaintyToolbox™ for Microsoft Excel® software (a $895 value), plus numerous reference documents for advanced learning.
Received at End of Class:
A Course Certificate is provided to all attendees. Sample Analyses: A segment of the course is devoted to solving specific problems relevant to each student's workplace. The instructor copy of the analyses worked on in class is provided to the attendees at the end of the class to use as additional references.
Received After Class:
For 90 days after class each student receives free review of analyses plus answers to any related questions. This consulting service alone would be worth the price of the course, if our training wasn't so good that few actually need this service.
To register and reserve your seat today, call QUAMETEC™ at 1.810.225.8588
QUAMETEC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course and to change instructors. Please be advised that QUAMETEC is not responsible for any airfare penalties or other travel charges you may incur. Cancellation fee of $ 400 will be applied if you drop out with-in 2 weeks of class. If you have received the class book and are unable to attend the class you will be invoiced for the retail cost of the book. There will be no refunds on tuition. If for any reason you do not complete the class, we will make every effort to accommodate you in a future class for the days that you miss in your originally scheduled class.